Sunday, December 6, 2009

My Name is Kim, and I'm a Photoshopaholic

To my very small, small population of readers:

Please do not be fooled. Although i have neglected to update my blog in quite some time i can't lie - i've been on the computer every single night, up to wee hours, addicted to my new hobby.

Here's what i've been working on:









That's right...i'm ADDICTED to Photoshop. I've always had the urge to learn how to use it to create logos, holiday cards, birth announcements, save-the-dates...you get the picture. I finally bit the bullet and started teaching myself how to use it! I've spent hours upon hours doing it and in the meantime have been given the chance to design a couple of cards for other people, including the first one shown above. Hillary did a photo shoot a couple of weeks back for a family who wanted a card made. I made the card and sent it over to Hillary having no expectations of them using it at all. Turns out they love it!

The one i made with Reese in it was something i actually saw on Shutterfly. I thought the design was so cute, so i tried copying it as best i could.

I Also made Hillary a logo (or MANY i should say) that she's actually now using!

SO, as i said, i'm on the computer these days, but it's spent trying to put my creative juices to work :)

More interesting updates soon!

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome Kim! What talent you have... guess who is going to be doing my birth announcements... wink wink. It's a great way to see ideas being used to get you thinking of different designs. Do you just send them to get printed at like target or something? What a great way project. I keep telling Tim I need a hobby- one that doesn't cost a lot. You found a good one, and you are also good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...and I would LOVE to do your announcements. Just start sending me pictures of ones you like and i can work on some for you to choose from! All we would do is add TJ's picture once he arrives, along with his "stats" and voila! Yes, i would order them online to be printed and have them sent to you...since it's probably easier then having you drop off the file and pick up the annoucements once they are done.

    I LOVE it so much...but i can't lie. It's very time consuming, so it's definitely a hobby i wish i would have persued before i was a mommy. That way at least i would have been a little better at squeezing it in during any "free" time i get...which is a joke these days :)

    ReplyDelete